Angry Unanswered: Filemaker Scripts

I have scripts passing from one file to another and back. The file runs perfectly on standalone files but when they are on a Filemaker server, they stop and open another duplicate set of files. What changes running on a server? I've checked access and password permissions. I'm new at this product and could use any help as FM help is worthless.

You will have to make sure that each and every call for an external script is correctly adressed.

For instance:
    Perform Script [Sub-scripts, External: "Otherbase.fp5 (10.0.0.1)"]
    Not:
    Perform Script [Sub-scripts, External: "Otherbase.fp5 *"]

Also, it's a good idea to delete, or at least rename, any local copies of the bases. This is because FM might choose to open a local copy instead of the copy on the server, thus ruining your script.

Thumbs up

That was it, thanks! I had a file with an old ip address. I closed the file on the server, set it right, but it still didn't work until I set it to relative path, then the script worked correctly. Thanks for the other scripts. What a relief!

Originally posted by Yuzzum
    You will have to make sure that each and every call for an external script is correctly adressed.

For instance:
    Perform Script [Sub-scripts, External: "Otherbase.fp5 (10.0.0.1)"]
    Not:
    Perform Script [Sub-scripts, External: "Otherbase.fp5 *"]

Also, it's a good idea to delete, or at least rename, any local copies of the bases. This is because FM might choose to open a local copy instead of the copy on the server, thus ruining your script.