Question Unanswered: Using Colums of a Combobox

Hello!
    I'm trying to use the function Column() in the where condition of a OpenForm Action but i can´t put it work. Can i use this function with Queries or Tables?
    This is what i have in the where condition:

[Query]![Combobox1].[column](2)=[Forms]![Form]![Combo2]

Can someone help me on this?
    I'm out of ideas...

Could you please clarify a bit what you are trying to do? Are you trying to pass the value of a column in your combo box on one form to 2nd combo box on 2nd form?

Yes, but i need to filter the information and i'm doing it with a macro. That macro have the OpenForm Action and in the where condition i'm comparing the value from one combobox in one form with a combobox in one querie.

Sorry about my lausy english!!!

Ymir

While you can refer to a combobox (as a control)in a query, you cannot refer to the combo box's column property. There is no column Function in Access

An alternative would be to assign the value of the column() to a variable and then pass the value of the variable to a SQL statement. But this will have to all be done in VBA.

A last caveat about using Macros. They should not be used at all. Besides lacking the power and flexibility of VBA, macros provide no debugging capabilities. Macros provide no advantages over VBA and substantial disadvantages.

Cheers,
    Zambezibill

Thanks... But i can´t learn VBA in one or to days
    I think i solved my problem creating a new querie.

Maybe i will try to learn VBA sometime.

Thank you again

Learning bits of VBA does not take that much time, and in the long run, saves hours, both in terms of development, and more importantly, debugging. I think you will be amazed at how easy you will find it, and how much more you will accomplish quickly!