Unanswered: Date/Time Picker Control in MS Access 2000

I have created an Access Database using forms with some VBA code.
    I have also used the Date/Time Picker Control in some of the forms.

The problem is that when I ran the program on another PC it goes into debug mode.

I have traced the problem to be that the Date/Time Picker Control is not available on that installation of MS Access.

Is there a way that I can "make it available" in that machine so that the program works and without installing / re-installing MS Access and can it be downloaded from the Net?

You should be able to copy the .ocx file into your system directory and then register it manually.

Unfortunately, I can't remember what the command is to register it.

I'm sure it had 'reg' in it's name though and it also lives in the system directory.

Not a complete solution, but it is definately possible

I belive it is RegSrvr32 -- I have the syntax somewhere around here to put it on your right-click context menu (so you can right click a DLL / OCX / etc. and register / unregister them).
    Thanks,

Matt

no refresh

i also have a problem with this date/time picker control. on each other element i can use: "on change" but the date/time picker control hasent this event. i tryed to use "on OLE refresh", but it didnt work. can somone help me?

thanks, pyranha.

Originally posted by Paul
    You should be able to copy the .ocx file into your system directory and then register it manually.

Unfortunately, I can't remember what the command is to register it.

I'm sure it had 'reg' in it's name though and it also lives in the system directory.

Not a complete solution, but it is definately possible

Can you please tell me the name of the OCX component.

Thanx

Wango

Smile Looking for Right-Click RegSrvr32 functionality

Originally posted by MattR
    I belive it is RegSrvr32 -- I have the syntax somewhere around here to put it on your right-click context menu (so you can right click a DLL / OCX / etc. and register / unregister them).
    Do you have this syntax? I could really use it now. Thanks!

myles@mylesmedia.com

Well, to register it you do regsvr32 yourDll.DLL, I can't find the right-click context menu method (which is far more convenient).
    Thanks,

Matt

Re: Date/Time Picker Control in MS Access 2000

Originally posted by elbmw
    I have created an Access Database using forms with some VBA code.
    I have also used the Date/Time Picker Control in some of the forms.

The problem is that when I ran the program on another PC it goes into debug mode.

I have traced the problem to be that the Date/Time Picker Control is not available on that installation of MS Access.

Is there a way that I can "make it available" in that machine so that the program works and without installing / re-installing MS Access and can it be downloaded from the Net?
    just copy mscomct2.ocx in system folder together with your access database to the pc that you want to run it. go to START - RUN and type: "REGSVR32 MSCOMCT2.OCX" in the box (without quotation mark) and press enter and enter again for the followed message box.

DONE
    qha_vn

Access Date Picker

Use a date picker that doesn't need any OCX or other distributable file. See www.AccessToGo.org.uk for a good one.

Date PopUp

Attached is an example of a PopUp calendar you can try. You can modify it to also put a listbox of times and write in the time also.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)