Unanswered: SQL Server has run out of LOCKS

Hi,

I am by no means an expert with SQL Server so please be gentle!

We have an application running with a SQL Server database. It has been running fine for about 2 years. All of a sudden, the error message as below has been appearing frequently!

Error: 1204, Severity: 19, State: 1
    SQL Server has run out of LOCKS. Rerun your statement when there are fewer active users, or ask the system administrator to reconfigure SQL Server with more LOCKS.

I did a search and found somebody who referred to sp_configure. I worked ou that this is a stored procedure but I don't know: do I run it? Change it? Delete it?

Some help with this issue would be massively appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    DJ

Re: SQL Server has run out of LOCKS

Originally posted by DJ_Catboy
    Hi,

I am by no means an expert with SQL Server so please be gentle!

We have an application running with a SQL Server database. It has been running fine for about 2 years. All of a sudden, the error message as below has been appearing frequently!

Error: 1204, Severity: 19, State: 1
    SQL Server has run out of LOCKS. Rerun your statement when there are fewer active users, or ask the system administrator to reconfigure SQL Server with more LOCKS.

I did a search and found somebody who referred to sp_configure. I worked ou that this is a stored procedure but I don't know: do I run it? Change it? Delete it?

Some help with this issue would be massively appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    DJ
    uh... RTFM ? Fill in sp_configure in the BOL and ... there ya go

Apart from this , you need to know about what causes the locks. Some userinteraction between store and commits? Some batch running in daytime with many X tablelocks? better find out the why you bucket fills up Good luck.