Thread: msde vb

Unanswered: msde vb

i'm trying to connect to an existing msde database from visual basic using ado without using an odbc connection. is this possible? if so could someone please help with the code.

thank you
    ThomasR

I am NOT a VB/VBA guy but I just finifhed a little project yesterday. I don't know if it will help you or not.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Paul Young
    (Knowledge is power! Get some!)

Re: msde vb

I often use a Universal Database Link to create my connection strings. Create a new text file, rename it with a .UDL extension and then double click on the icon to open the file.

It will walk you through the steps of creating a connection string to any data source for which you have drivers installed. When finished (and the test connection succeeds) close the utility, right-click on the icon and select Open with Notepad (or some such).

At the bottom of the text file will be your completely formatted Connection String.

Regards,

Hugh Scott

(PS, if you are storing passwords, then be sure to delete the file and flush your recycle bin)

Originally posted by ThomasR
    i'm trying to connect to an existing msde database from visual basic using ado without using an odbc connection. is this possible? if so could someone please help with the code.

thank you
    ThomasR