Unhappy Unanswered: help with datatype TEXT

Why I can't copy and paste the whole passage from Word to the field that datatype is "TEXT"? I just can paste part of it. And after I move to a new record. That field changes to "<long text>". And I cannot edit it since then.

Thanks in advance!
    Heidi

P.S., below is the passage that I want to enter into that field:

One of the Guys
    by Cara Tibbits

from Teen Ink 2: More Voices, More Visions

<htl1>I</hlt1> have always loved football. <htl1>I</hlt1> started playing in third grade on a flag football team. There were several girls on each team, so it was not unusual. <htl1>I</hlt1> continued to play through the sixth grade, but by then, only three girls were playing. The next year, <htl1>I</hlt1> coached a third- and fourth-grade team. Then, at the end of seventh grade, they announced a meeting for kids interested in playing football the following year. Since <htl1>I</hlt1> had really missed playing, <htl1>I</hlt1> decided <htl1>I</hlt1> would go.

Before the meeting <htl1>I</hlt1> was extremely nervous and a little scared about what everyone would say, or how they'd react to <htl1>my</hlt1> playing football. After school, <htl1>I</hlt1> walked down the hall to the meeting. When <htl1>I</hlt1> looked in the window, <htl1>I</hlt1> saw over sixty guys. <htl1>My</hlt1> stomach dropped; <htl1>I</hlt1> was so nervous and intimidated that <htl1>I</hlt1> felt like being sick. <htl1>I</hlt1> opened the door, looked around and sat down. <htl1>I</hlt1> tried to ignore the snickers. <htl1>I</hlt1> could hear them saying how stupid <htl1>I</hlt1> was to think <htl1>I</hlt1> could play. <htl1>I</hlt1> wanted to crawl under the desk, but it would have been too humiliating to walk out. <htl1>I</hlt1> didn't want them to think they could make <htl1>me</hlt1> give up something I loved.

Somehow I got through that and the next few weeks of rude comments and laughs from guys who thought I shouldn't play. As the first day of practice approached, I started getting really nervous. I didn't want to be there because I felt so uncomfortable, but by now it was too late to turn back. I did love the game, so I figured I could make the best of it. The more practices we had, the more comfortable I felt. My coach was great. He gave me a fair chance, and after a while, the guys got used to me playing. The ones who didn't want me there realized they couldn't make me quit. I still felt a little awkward being the only girl.

When we got into the season, the other teams were shocked to find a girl out there with them. Some wouldn't hit me; others thought they could teach me a lesson, so they'd hit me harder. Once they found I could hit just as hard, they gave up and played. By the middle of the season, I was having a lot of fun. My feelings of intimidation were gone, and I liked playing with my team.

At the end of the season in a game against a private boys' school, I went to tackle this kid and one of his teammates hit me to try to stop the tackle. He landed on my knee and brought me down with him. Although my knee didn't hurt as I lay there, once I got up, it wobbled and the tears started to roll down my cheeks. My coach and the referees didn't realize how badly I was hurt, so play continued. I did the best I could from a kneeling position. Then it was over. A few people helped me off the field.

Once we got home, my mom took me to the hospital where they took X rays, and put me in a brace and crutches. I had torn ligaments. My football career was over. The local newspaper wrote a story about me being the only girl in the town's history to play tackle football.

I loved playing football, and I love the game. My coach, parents and teammates were all terrific. I was a great experience, and I'll always be glad I did it.

I'm having the same problem and am searching desperately for the answare.

How do you interface with the database? By Enterprise Manager? This tool has not the capabilities of doing this, neither allowing you to work with binary data.

However, you can add or update your text field by a query like (note that you have to replace all your single quotes by two single quotes as shown!):

INSERT INTO TextTest(t)
    VALUES ('One of the Guys\r\nby Cara Tibbits\r\n\r\nfrom Teen Ink 2: More Voices, More Visions\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n<htl1>I</hlt1> have always loved football. <htl1>I</hlt1> started playing in third grade on a flag football team. There were several girls on each team, so it was not unusual. <htl1>I</hlt1> continued to play through the sixth grade, but by then, only three girls were playing. The next year, <htl1>I</hlt1> coached a third- and fourth-grade team. Then, at the end of seventh grade, they announced a meeting for kids interested in playing football the following year. Since <htl1>I</hlt1> had really missed playing, <htl1>I</hlt1> decided <htl1>I</hlt1> would go.\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nBefore the meeting <htl1>I</hlt1> was extremely nervous and a little scared about what everyone would say, or how they''d react to <htl1>my</hlt1> playing football. After school, <htl1>I</hlt1> walked down the hall to the meeting. When <htl1>I</hlt1> looked in the window, <htl1>I</hlt1> saw over sixty guys. <htl1>My</hlt1> stomach dropped; <htl1>I</hlt1> was so nervous and intimidated that <htl1>I</hlt1> felt like being sick. <htl1>I</hlt1> opened the door, looked around and sat down. <htl1>I</hlt1> tried to ignore the snickers. <htl1>I</hlt1> could hear them saying how stupid <htl1>I</hlt1> was to think <htl1>I</hlt1> could play. <htl1>I</hlt1> wanted to crawl under the desk, but it would have been too humiliating to walk out. <htl1>I</hlt1> didn''t want them to think they could make <htl1>me</hlt1> give up something I loved. \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nSomehow I got through that and the next few weeks of rude comments and laughs from guys who thought I shouldn''t play. As the first day of practice approached, I started getting really nervous. I didn''t want to be there because I felt so uncomfortable, but by now it was too late to turn back. I did love the game, so I figured I could make the best of it. The more practices we had, the more comfortable I felt. My coach was great. He gave me a fair chance, and after a while, the guys got used to me playing. The ones who didn''t want me there realized they couldn''t make me quit. I still felt a little awkward being the only girl.\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nWhen we got into the season, the other teams were shocked to find a girl out there with them. Some wouldn''t hit me; others thought they could teach me a lesson, so they''d hit me harder. Once they found I could hit just as hard, they gave up and played. By the middle of the season, I was having a lot of fun. My feelings of intimidation were gone, and I liked playing with my team.\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nAt the end of the season in a game against a private boys'' school, I went to tackle this kid and one of his teammates hit me to try to stop the tackle. He landed on my knee and brought me down with him. Although my knee didn''t hurt as I lay there, once I got up, it wobbled and the tears started to roll down my cheeks. My coach and the referees didn''t realize how badly I was hurt, so play continued. I did the best I could from a kneeling position. Then it was over. A few people helped me off the field. \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nOnce we got home, my mom took me to the hospital where they took X rays, and put me in a brace and crutches. I had torn ligaments. My football career was over. The local newspaper wrote a story about me being the only girl in the town''s history to play tackle football.\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nI loved playing football, and I love the game. My coach, parents and teammates were all terrific. I was a great experience, and I''ll always be glad I did it.')
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler! - A. Einstein
    DB Problems? DB Explorer, BTrieve Re-engineering, DB Conversions & ETL? Conversion Tool

Yes, I was using the Enterprise Manager.