Lightbulb Unanswered: Supress Office Message

I have an access 2000 application which incoproates a form showing links to external doccuments: Drawings and the like

These links are command buttons with a hyperlink

For some doccuments clicking on the associated button will give an Office warning message:

Microsoft Office

Openingfile name and path)

Some files can contain viruses or otherwise be harmful to your computer. It is important to be certain that this file is from a trustworthy source.

Would you like to open this file?

OK / CANCEL

I would like to supress this pop-up programatically, although

docmd setwarnings false

Does not do the trick

Any ideas folks?

Old Fashioned, but using SendKeys may do the trick.

I’m having the same problem with the popup message. Has anyone come up with a way to disable this message?

The syntax in VB is supposed to be docmd.setwarnings false. I think the edit defaults to VB syntax. Try putting in the period/dot.

The VB docmd.setwarnings does not help in this case. This goes beyond just VB code.
    The following is from Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 291912

“CAUSE
    The warning message described in the "Symptoms" section of this article is issued by Microsoft Office. This warning is referred to as the "open programs" warning, not the "macro virus protection" warning. It appears any time that you click a hyperlink to a program or run a program. You also receive this warning when you click a hyperlink to certain types of document files. You cannot disable this warning. Similar behavior occurs in other Microsoft Office programs that allow you to use hyperlinks.

This feature is designed into Microsoft Office to help protect you from malicious code.

WORKAROUND
    For any Microsoft Office program, you can work around this behavior by viewing the page in a Web browser.”

Unfortunately for me, my management wants a direct link to the employee handbook on our intranet which is a pdf not html.

Smile Re: Supress Office Message

It's true this is a Microsoft Office message, but you CAN turn it off, at least in Windows 2000. In any folder window: Tools/Folder Options/FileTypes/. Then select the file-type that is causing the warning message (e.g., ZIP). Press ADVANCED. Then UNCHECK the "confirm open after download." Next time you try to hyperlink to a file of this type, you won't get the warning.

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately it did not work.
    I am running Windows 2000 Professional with Office 2000. The hyperlink is on a form in my database. It still gives me the warning every time I click the link.
    My database is not on the intranet, I just wanted to display a pdf file that is on our intranet.

That's exactly my environment too - Windows 2K, Office 2K, and Access 2K. When I hyperlinked to a zip file from an Access form, I got the warning message until I unchecked the "confirm open after download" button for ZIP files in the folder options. Are you sure you did this for EACH file type in question? I don't know what else could be different between our environments, since it works 100% for me. See attached screen shot showing the box UNchecked.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails openwarn.jpg  

I’ve done some playing around with this and I get mixed results.

If I open the file on my local drive or on a network volume I don’t get the message displayed. But when I open it from an intranet link I get the message every time. Apparently the http: in the file location triggers the warning message.

I convinced management to accept a link to the web page that contains a link to the document rather than subjecting the users to the warning message every time.