Unanswered: Maximum size of a document stored as an image

Hi,

I'm trying to store documents as blobs in an image field on a sybase table and was wondering is there a maximum size that can be stored in one field? I seem to be having problems with documents over 2K in size.

Thanks

Re: Maximum size of a document stored as an image

Originally posted by llafretaw
    Hi,

I'm trying to store documents as blobs in an image field on a sybase table and was wondering is there a maximum size that can be stored in one field? I seem to be having problems with documents over 2K in size.

Thanks
    An image BLOB can be up to 2147483647 bytes (2Gb). What sort of problems are you getting?

Alan

Hi,

Thanks

Hi

By default the text size that can be inserted in blob column is 2K.
    This can be controled by the session variable 'textsize'.
    What you can do is to force a new setting by executing 'set textsize <newsize>' just before you connected or just before to insert your blob document.
    eg : set textsize 2147483647
    FYI 'set textsize 0' set to default (2k).

If you need to bcp out this table, don't forget to specify the -T parameter which controls the size of the blob data.
    You can determine the setting of -T by executing : 'select max(datalength (col_text))+1 from table'
    This determine the maximum lentgh of your blob column in this table.

HTH

Emmanuel
    Hi,

Thanks

Hi evinot,

Cheers for the help appreciated.

Llafretaw