Wink Unanswered: DB2 7.2 Client to 8.1 Server Connection Problem

I'm having a problem making a jdbc connection from a 7.2 Fixpak 9 client to a 8.1 server. The system just hangs at the point of connection to a database. I have tried copying the db2java.zip from the 8.1 server to the client and this did not work. I have no problems connecting to the server from the 7.2 command center and the command line processor

Any Ideas?

Re: DB2 7.2 Client to 8.1 Server Connection Problem

I don't know about changes introduced in FP9 , but otherwise , read through What's new for V8 ...

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by dm9879
    I'm having a problem making a jdbc connection from a 7.2 Fixpak 9 client to a 8.1 server. The system just hangs at the point of connection to a database. I have tried copying the db2java.zip from the 8.1 server to the client and this did not work. I have no problems connecting to the server from the 7.2 command center and the command line processor

Any Ideas?

Originally posted by dm9879

Any Ideas?
    My understanding is that you cannot connect 7.2 <-> 8.1 via jdbc b/c Type 4 jdbc drivers are unavailable in 7.2 while 8.1 only has Type 4 drivers (for now).

Yeh .. for now Type 4 driver is not supported in V7 ...

But am not sure if dm9879 uses Type 4 drivers ..

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by aleung
    My understanding is that you cannot connect 7.2 <-> 8.1 via jdbc b/c Type 4 jdbc drivers are unavailable in 7.2 while 8.1 only has Type 4 drivers (for now).