Question Unanswered: default table structure?

i have to create a new table every day... and every day the CREATE TABLE statement is exactly the same.

Is there a way to set a default table structure, either for a schema or otherwise, so that i can simplify the daily create statement?

thanks,
    -RighteousRaven

Re: default table structure?

CREATE TABLE <tabname> like <table-name>

Is this the one you are looking for ?

But remember, the above statement creates only the table ..

Cheers

Sathayram

Originally posted by RighteousRaven
    i have to create a new table every day... and every day the CREATE TABLE statement is exactly the same.

Is there a way to set a default table structure, either for a schema or otherwise, so that i can simplify the daily create statement?

thanks,
    -RighteousRaven

you know... i've asked this question on three other forums, and your the only one to give me a decent response so thanks.

I did know about that way of doing it... but im wondering whether or not theres a better way... but hte fact that you suggested it means it isnt totally wacko.. so i guess i'll go with that.

thanks!
    RighteousRaven

Angry decency

Originally posted by RighteousRaven
    you know... i've asked this question on three other forums, and your the only one to give me a decent response so thanks.

I did know about that way of doing it... but im wondering whether or not theres a better way... but hte fact that you suggested it means it isnt totally wacko.. so i guess i'll go with that.

thanks!
    RighteousRaven
    If you formulated your question a bit clearer in the other forum I might have been able to give you more of a decent response
    Ties Blom
    Senior Application Developer BI
    Getronics Healthcare
    DB2,ORACLE,Powercenter,BusObj,Access,
    SQL, SQL server

my appologies

yea.. i had a lot of trouble trying to describe what i want... and i ended up explaining it differently on each forum... because all i know is that i want an efficient way to create a complex table, over and over again... but i dont know exactly how it can be done... so im kinda asking two questions in one... can a schema do that? and, if not.. how else can it be done?

I know that my questions were stated rather poorly, especially on tek-tips... cause i compared what i wanted to an sql "LIKE" statement.. which is apparently the only way to do it.. so there was no way you or anyone could have answered my question with anything except 'your wrong'

So I'd like to appoligize to you, Mr Blom, for offending you... and for not doing enough prior research to properly communicate my question clearly.

Sincerely,
    -Peter Lloyd aka RighteousRaven