Thread: Encryption

Question Unanswered: Encryption

Hi,

I'm looking for a simple way to encrypt passwords with asp (SQL server). So, if you have any idea, sample code, links or else, I would appreciate your help.

if your only using the passwords for verification (i.e. do not need to know what they are), try using a one way hash on them - store the hash not the password. Hashing is good, if someone gets your db, they don't get the passwords

If not, there are pleanty of RSA etc free encryption code avalible for ASP free. Try www.programmersheaven.com or asp101.com etc. SEARCH GOOGLE??!

Cool Try this....

Here's an encryption algorithm I've used for sensitive data. It's not 100% crackproof, but is extremely difficult to decypher without the encryption key. Let me know if it works for you. It's my own version of the Virgenere encryption scheme, and has served me well.

Tim
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks

Hi

thank you very much for the replies. I don't need something very complicated so that's exactly what I was looking for, specially since I really didn't have much time to spend on that particular task.