Unanswered: ADODB.Connection error, help!!

Hi, im doing a project for the intranet where I work, in the server its installed Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack (with MIIS), the problem is that I'm getting the following error in my ASP web page:

ADODB.Connection error '800a0e7a'
    Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.

And here is the line where the error is:
    oConn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("authors.mdb")

I read somewhere that msjetoledb40.dll should be installed , but I cant find that file in the server, however there is a msjet35.dll.
    Anyway, do I need to install something (like a data access pack)? and where can I download it if thats the solution.

Maybe...

Could it be that the problem is that I have to install MS Access in the server? or should the drivers exist anyway ?

try searching microsoft's site to get the latest odbc/oledb drivers.

Hello,

I created a application and when I install it in Windows 95 or Windows 98 first edition it says CLASS NOT REGISTERED when it tries to connect to the database.

Is this correct ?
    Keep in mind that MDAC 2.6 and higher does not include your Jet components (For the Access databases) this isn't related to the actual problem you
    mentioned, just a heads up on something to keep in mind..

Hi guys!
    I'm also experiencing an error with my connection string. Actually, my asp code runs well when I'm accessing a LOCAL cube. But when I change the connection string to connect to a remote server, it displays this message:

<ERROR>
    Microsoft® OLE DB Provider for OLAP Services error '80004005'

Database 'FDSI' does not exist.
    </ERROR>

<Connection string>
    Set cnn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    cnn.Open "Provider=msolap; Data Source=<server name>; Initial Catalog=<database name>"
    </Connection string>

any help or suggestion will do! i've jst started with OLAP and so far, I've been stuck with this problem for two days now!

Help!
    sofia320

Originally posted by sofia320
    Hi guys!
    I'm also experiencing an error with my connection string. Actually, my asp code runs well when I'm accessing a LOCAL cube. But when I change the connection string to connect to a remote server, it displays this message:

<ERROR>
    Microsoft® OLE DB Provider for OLAP Services error '80004005'

Database 'FDSI' does not exist.
    </ERROR>

<Connection string>
    Set cnn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    cnn.Open "Provider=msolap; Data Source=<server name>; Initial Catalog=<database name>"
    </Connection string>

any help or suggestion will do! i've jst started with OLAP and so far, I've been stuck with this problem for two days now!

Help!
    sofia320

Hi Sofia,

My connection string is :

dbred.ConnectionString = "Data PROVIDER=Microsoft.jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & "Data Source=C:\DENTAL2003\dental1.mdb;"

I tried the msolap but it did not work. What could be missing on Windows 95 or Windows 98 First Edition ?

Thanks

ROGER

from what I know the connection string for AS should be in this format:

Set cnn = "PROVIDER=msolap; Data Source=<server name>; Initial Catalog=<database name>"

have u tried this connection string?

Set cnn = "PROVIDER=msolap; Data Source=<server name>; Initial Catalog=C:\DENTAL2003\dental1.mdb;"

if u still encounter an error, jst post the error message

hope this helps

I am trying to create e normal application in my VB6.
    What could be the problem ?

Thanks
    ROGER HITZ

Originally posted by sofia320
    from what I know the connection string for AS should be in this format:

Set cnn = "PROVIDER=msolap; Data Source=<server name>; Initial Catalog=<database name>"

have u tried this connection string?

Set cnn = "PROVIDER=msolap; Data Source=<server name>; Initial Catalog=C:\DENTAL2003\dental1.mdb;"

if u still encounter an error, jst post the error message

hope this helps

Select one ... hope it helps
    1) strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/database/forte/tralala.mdb") '## MS Access 2000 using virtual path

2) strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/USERNAME/db/tralala.mdb") '## MS Access 2000 on Brinkster

3) strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\qwerty\database\tralala. mdb" '## MS Access 2000

4) strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("tralala.mdb") '## MS Access 97 using virtual path

5)strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("/USERNAME/db/tralala.mdb") '## MS Access 97 on Brinkster

6)strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=c:\inetpub\dbroot\snitz_forums_2000.mdb" '## MS Access 97

7)strConnString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=SERVER_NAME;database=DB_NAME;uid=UID;pwd=PW D;" '## MS SQL Server 6.x/7.x/2000 (OLEDB connection)

8)strConnString = "driver={SQL Server};server=SERVER_NAME;uid=UID;pwd=PWD;databas e=DB_NAME" '## MS SQL Server 6.x/7.x/2000 (ODBC connection)

9)strConnString = "driver=MySQL;server=SERVER_IP;uid=UID;pwd=PWD;dat abase=DB_NAME" '## MySQL

10)strConnString = "DSN_NAME" '## DSN

Post cube access with ASP

Can someone plz post the code for connecting to, and accessing a cube in ASP.
    Thanks in advance