Cool Unanswered: How Can I stop or start sybase services

Hello All,
    I have problem. I want to stop or start sybase On Unix but I cann't 'coz secureCRT (via ssh) closed. I can only connect database by SQL Advantage and sybase central and I want stop service via SQL Advantage or sybase central . Please suggest me if it can do .

Thank you guy

Re: How Can I stop or start sybase services

Hi

I'am afraid it is not possible.
    Sybase Central is a pure Win32 tools and as far I can know the java version of Sybase Central does not allow to start and stop services under NT/2000. SqlAdvantage is only tools to execute SQL queries under win32 only.

You will may found an answer for your problem with your unix administrator..

HTH
    Emmanuel

Originally posted by sipco188
    Hello All,
    I have problem. I want to stop or start sybase On Unix but I cann't 'coz secureCRT (via ssh) closed. I can only connect database by SQL Advantage and sybase central and I want stop service via SQL Advantage or sybase central . Please suggest me if it can do .

Thank you guy

Re: How Can I stop or start sybase services

It is possible to shutdown an ASE from within a SQL session (SQL Advantage, ISQL etc)

You need to be sa or have a login with sa_role. If you don't have access to the Unix host to restart the ASE I would suggest speaking to your unix admin staff before going any further. They are likely to be a little upset if things start going down for "no apparent reason" or "shutdown by request"

The command you need is called "shutdown". But like I said you'll need to start the ASE from the unix host itself afterwards.

Richard.

éhi guy

It worked . Thank you guy.