Exclamation Unanswered: Please help me with the LOAD utility

Hello!

I wish to use the LOAD utility to insert data into a table from a comma delimited file. In order to do so, I would like to ask you some questions regarding this utility:

1) How do I represent the NULL values in this Comma Delimited File?

2) I used a command like
    db2 Load from MyTable.txt of del modified by timestampformat="YYYY/MM/DD HH:MMS" insert into MyTable

and it raises the following error:
    SQL3192N In the filetmod a user specified with the string "YYYY/MM/DD" is not valid.

I tried using "YYYY/MM/DD HH:MMS.UUUUUU" (which is an example in the command reference) and the error persists. What is wrong?

I will appreciate any advice you could give me about using the LOAD utility.

Thank you very much.

Re: Please help me with the LOAD utility

1) No values between comma is taken as null,

for eg: 1,,5, loads a null value in the second field ...

2) Check
    http://dbforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=478251

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by EMoscosoCam
    Hello!

I wish to use the LOAD utility to insert data into a table from a comma delimited file. In order to do so, I would like to ask you some questions regarding this utility:

1) How do I represent the NULL values in this Comma Delimited File?

2) I used a command like
    db2 Load from MyTable.txt of del modified by timestampformat="YYYY/MM/DD HH:MMS" insert into MyTable

and it raises the following error:
    SQL3192N In the filetmod a user specified with the string "YYYY/MM/DD" is not valid.

I tried using "YYYY/MM/DD HH:MMS.UUUUUU" (which is an example in the command reference) and the error persists. What is wrong?

I will appreciate any advice you could give me about using the LOAD utility.

Thank you very much.

Smile

Thanks a lot.

I have other question:

-How I must handle singles quotes (') inside character data?

Thank you very much.

What is you coldel value? If it is the default " then I think it may not be a problem to have a single quote as a part of the data ...

Look out for the title Delimiter Restrictions description in the Data Movement Guide ...

Cheers

Sathyaram

Cool

Thanks for your answer.

I am using ',' as the column delimiter. I thought that single quotes inside character data might be a problem, because at that moment I believed that character data must be enclosed with singles quotes.

Now I know that character data must be enclosed with double quotes (") and that double quotes inside character data must be replaced with 2 double quotes characters.

As I stated in another topic, I still not know how to deal with non-printable characters inside character data.

I meant chardel in my previous post ...

Anyway, good that you know the solution

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by EMoscosoCam
    Thanks for your answer.

I am using ',' as the column delimiter. I thought that single quotes inside character data might be a problem, because at that moment I believed that character data must be enclosed with singles quotes.

Now I know that character data must be enclosed with double quotes (") and that double quotes inside character data must be replaced with 2 double quotes characters.

As I stated in another topic, I still not know how to deal with non-printable characters inside character data.