Exclamation Unanswered: publish an applet on a CDROM

Hi,
    I am able to connect to a microsoft acces database and read data.
    I need to deploy my applet and database on a CDROM so that it can be viewed directly from my cd.
    my problem is that "dataSourceName" does not exist on a cdrom so i am not able to see my mdb.
    Kindly advise on how to do it.
    Thank you in advance
    Best regards

I believe it depends on the JDBC driver that you are using.... You should get one that is able to directly connect and read from the Access db.

Can you provide me with any samples or help on this issue.

Thank you in advance

For starters, go to java.sun.com/products/jdbc/drivers and do a search for MS Access JDBC drivers. What you're looking for is anything else than a JDBC-ODBC bridge. The drivers with the lowest JDBC version are typically the easiest to use, but at the same time, they could be limited in functionality and hence less useful.

Try to download some of the drivers that the search returns. Obviosly the people who wrote the drivers want money for them - so for now, you're typically stuck with 30-day trials unless you are willing to pay.

If I get some time during the weekend or next week, I will see if I can make a code example for you.... but no promises, ok?