Unanswered: db2 default port

Hi,

I want to know on db2-aix what is the default port on which DB2 listens . Also where do we specify this ? Can we change it ?

Deven.

Re: db2 default port

One of the db2 admin instance port is always 523, BUT for your normal db2 instance which contains databases you have to put an entry in /etc/services file as:

dbadmin1 50009/tcp # port for dbadmin1 instance

where dbadmin1 is the name of the instance, you can use any name though.It is recommended to use a port above 50000 but you can use any unused port though. Once you define the part in services file update the dbm cfg parameter SVCENAME as:

update dbm cfg using SVCENAME <port number>

Also make sure your DB2COMM parameter is set to TCPIP as well:

db2set DB2COMM=TCPIP

Now you are all set for remote connectivity. Hope this helps..

dollar

Originally posted by dkhambit
    Hi,

I want to know on db2-aix what is the default port on which DB2 listens . Also where do we specify this ? Can we change it ?

Deven.

hai
    50000 is the db2 default port

micky

I think this default of 50000 is only on Windows

On Unix, you will have to define a port/service before making remote connections via TCP/IP

In DB2 you will have to define different ports for every instance you create ... All the databases within the instance use this port ....

Cheers

Sathyaram

Cheers

Sathyaram
    Originally posted by mickykt
    hai
    50000 is the db2 default port

micky

Look in Quick Beginnings. If you used the db2setup utility, the default FCM port is 60000. If you are planning to run multiple logical ports, you must reserve consecutive ports, one for each logical node. However look in /etc/services to determine what you currently have.

Good luck.

Originally posted by dkhambit
    Hi,

Deven.
    Hi Deven:

I believe the default TCP/IP port is 50000 up through DB2 7.x. As of 8.1, I believe they went to 60000.

Hope this helps,
    Chris Potter

db2 get dbm cfg |grep -i sv it will show the service name and then cat /etc/services and grep on that value. That should show you your 2 port numbers.