Thumbs down Unanswered: ASE 12.5 Demo on CD

Has anyone out there installed ASE 12.5 for linux demo from the CD's they sent out some weeks ago.

The email with the key makes no refrence to the expiration date which is required for the installation.

I have heard that Sybase documentation is bad I guess this is another example.

It's probably worth contacting your local Sybase representative.

Thumbs down

I tried that and they told me I could download another version from the internet. How does sybase expect to survive while keep goofing like this ?

Hiya Newyork Guy,

You don't need a license key to run ASE 12.5 on Linux. ASE will run as normal even without the License key.

ASE license key is a pre-requisite for any added option like JAVA in the DATABASE, ASE_DTM, ASE_XML etc.

You should raise a call with Sybase Support in regards to your documentation concerns. There is a seperate technical group setup to listen and take actions to complaints like these.

Cheers
    Willy

Originally posted by newyorkguy
    I tried that and they told me I could download another version from the internet. How does sybase expect to survive while keep goofing like this ?
    I agree with your sentiments on that!

If you want to demo a particular feature (as mentioned above) a limited licence key can be arranged via their sales teams.