Question Unanswered: How do I manage carriage return and/or line feed characters when using LOAD?

Hello!

I am having problems with the LOAD utility because some character data (which is enclosed with double quotes) in my comma delimited file contains non-printable characters such as carriage return and/or line feed. It makes LOAD to think that a new row is started. How do I deal with that?

Thanks a lot in advanced for your help.

Re: How do I manage carriage return and/or line feed characters when using LOAD?

Can you post a couple of lines of the i/p file

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by EMoscosoCam
    Hello!

I am having problems with the LOAD utility because some character data (which is enclosed with double quotes) in my comma delimited file contains non-printable characters such as carriage return and/or line feed. It makes LOAD to think that a new row is started. How do I deal with that?

Thanks a lot in advanced for your help.

Wink

I have the line that produces the error:

2047,"20427593259",,"MANTENIMIENTO AUTO SR. MARIO CUENTA M.E. BCO. CREDITO 193-1089309-1-29",0,218.97,221,"460101",478,2002/11/06 00:00:00,2002/11/06 00:00:00,"218R",236,376,0

Between the words "MARIO" and "CUENTA" is a non-printable character (line-feed or carriage return). If I open the file with the Windows Notepad, the character appears as a small square (so, you see a single line with a square in the middle). However, if you open the file with the MS-DOS Edit program, two lines appear: One ending with "MARIO" and the second beginning with "CUENTA".

How do I handle character data when non-printable characters are present?

The file was created with a Visual Basic program that reads from an ADO recordset and dumps the data using a TextStream object :-) .

I appreciate the attention given.

Thank you very much.