First i want to say hello to the ppl in this forum. This is my first post in the forum. If this message is not correctly posted in the right section of the forum, I hope the mods will move it.

I want to ask u if you can give me some advice about inserting data into sql server from a MVS system

My company uses a MVS, with runs with DB2 as main database. In the other side, we have some cluster of servers, running W2k adv server and SQL Server 2000 as Database system.

To access the DB2 data from the .asp pages located in the website, we use calls to stored procedures compiled in DLLs that access to the DB2 data via DB2Connect. (We used StarSql, but now only DB2 connect)

Now we have a new project and we have to export some data that is stored only in a DB2 table into a SqlServer table. Till now, we used DTS to copy the data from the db2 to the sql, but this time the transaction must be online. I need to save some data, that is originated in the MVS system, in a DB2 table and a SQLServer table at the same time.

I dont know if this is possible or how to do it. My knowdlege about MVS systems is quite minimum. Im more kind on MS systems. I suspect that the solution will be the XML use, but i dint know if MVS system can save or export XML data.

Can anybody give me a little advice about this? If u need more data about this, just ask me.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.