Red face Unanswered: Number of databases

Hi all,

Assume I have a standalone installation of Oracle 9i with one database already created on my Win 2000 Advanced Server PC.

Can I create more databases on the same PC? Is there a limit to the number of databases I can create other than hardware related issues?

Is there a separate licence involved for each database? What is the current licence fee?

Can I have two instances running on my PC at the same time connecting to two separate databases?

Thanks.

Hi

Can I create more databases on the same PC? Is there a limit to the number of databases I can create other than hardware related issues?

You can create as many databases on your box as you want.

Is there a separate licence involved for each database? What is the current licence fee?

I don't know nothing about licensing.

Hope this helps

Remi
    Remi Visser

Oracle Database Administrator
    (OCP certified 8i)

Homepage: http://home.remidian.com/

I could well be wrong on this but my understanding is that you license the software per cpu - so you can have a number of databases running on the one license.
    If you go to oracle.com you will get some further info - you can send an e-mail with your proposed setup and ask the price. They will probably knock off a % what with the markets being the way they are.
    Rgs,
    Breen.