Question Unanswered: Searching a text field

I have a text field containing descriptions of parts. The descriptions are not allways done the same for similar parts (i.e. 8mm Cap Aluminum, aluminum cap 8mm, and Cap Aluminum 8mm). How can I write a Query to return records that match a search string that a user inputs? It needs to be case insensitive, and order insensitive. I am flexible as to the interface - perhaps a string of words, or entering several different key words.

Thanks, Keith

Re: Searching a text field

Originally posted by NightZen
    I have a text field containing descriptions of parts. The descriptions are not allways done the same for similar parts (i.e. 8mm Cap Aluminum, aluminum cap 8mm, and Cap Aluminum 8mm). How can I write a Query to return records that match a search string that a user inputs? It needs to be case insensitive, and order insensitive. I am flexible as to the interface - perhaps a string of words, or entering several different key words.

Thanks, Keith
    You will need a parameter query with a like built around it. For the criteria in your query type this
    Like * & [Please enter description] & *

When the dialog box pops up, and a user types 8mm it should return everything with 8mm in it.

There are other ways to do this as well but this is a start... If you feel that this is too restrictive... perhaps a search form ...
    Mona

Re: Searching a text field

That's got it. Thanks.