Red face Unanswered: Dbspaces problem

Hi everyone.

I have a big problem since yesterday with some dbspaces in my Informix-Online DB (version 7.24.FC6).
    I have 4 enviroments in DB. In 2 of them, all dbspaces but rootdbs have strangely disappear, although I can see them in the correct path /dbspaces/... of the host.
    I tried to add them again with onmonitor (Add Blobspace), but this is the result when I enter the onstat -d comand:
    Dbspaces flags: NB
    Chunks flags: POB

Whats the meaning of the letter "B"?
    I still cannot see all the databases with the dbacces comand. How can I solve this??
    Could anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.
    PD: Sorry by my English, Im from Madrid (Spain).

Re: Dbspaces problem

Hi,
    B means Blobspace. What system do you use, Unix ?
    Juergen Ladwig

Originally posted by ladwig
    Hi,
    B means Blobspace. What system do you use, Unix ?

Hi!

Im using Tru64 4.0G of the Compaq Alphaserver DS10 system.

I hope you can help us now.

Thanks.

Yolanda.

Hi,
    could you please give all the information about output with command onstat -d.
    Juergen Ladwig

Hi,
    could you please give all the information about output with command onstat -d.

Hi.

I have added you a file where you can see which is the dbspaces problem.

You can see the highlighted lines of dbspaces that dont appear on onstat -d command.

How is this possible? Whats happened? Is there any solution?

Thanks in advance.

Yolanda.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,
    what does 101 after rwxrwxrwx means, i guess it is the user(creator) of this file. Is 101 = informix? If not do change the user to informix, chown informix ... After you created with onmonitor the dbspace, did onmonitor say "succesfully build"?
    Juergen Ladwig

Hi,
    what does 101 after rwxrwxrwx means, i guess it is the user(creator) of this file. Is 101 = informix? If not do change the user to informix, chown informix ... After you created with onmonitor the dbspace, did onmonitor say "succesfully build"?
    Hi Juergen.

I notice that the "101" is normal in all dbspaces, I think it isnt an error.
    When I created the dbspaces onmonitor say me "succesfully build", but they arent accesible with dbaccess, ???.

Ill keep in contact.
    Thanks.

Yolanda.

Originally posted by yolamix
    Hi everyone.

I have a big problem since yesterday with some dbspaces in my Informix-Online DB (version 7.24.FC6).
    I have 4 enviroments in DB. In 2 of them, all dbspaces but rootdbs have strangely disappear, although I can see them in the correct path /dbspaces/... of the host.
    I tried to add them again with onmonitor (Add Blobspace), but this is the result when I enter the onstat -d comand:

I still cannot see all the databases with the dbacces comand. How can I solve this??
    Could anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.
    >> If there is a problem of seeing the databases through dbaccess then, you need to run a script which is located in <informixdir>/etc/buildsmi .
    After executing check for the messages in /tmp/buildsmi.out file, then run the dbaccess if still the problem exists then rerun the oninit -iy.
    I think this solves your problem.

Thanks ShilpaN

Originally posted by yolamix
    Hi everyone.

Could anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.
    HOLA YOLANDA
    Yo tambin prefiero el Espaol.
    Pudiste solucionarlo o seguis con problemas ??.
    Por lo que estuve observando me parece que alguna persona levanto el Informix con "oninit -i", el cual te lo inicializa nuevamente y por esto es probable que no veas el resto de la estructura.

Gustavo.