Exclamation Unanswered: MySQL pains. Newbie, or just dumb, either way

I just installed the new MySQL on my win2k server. And I thought it would be pretty easy to operate. Something like excel. I was horribly miss-informed. I read thru the first 10 pages of the install manual, and now I am just mortified. I would like to learn how to install it successfully and manipulte data, and create secured databases, and Learn how to succesfully intergrate it into a function website. But I don't understand a vast majority of it's technical jargon. I do understand simple english. Like push that button or apply this inside that. But to say enter the shell, and reconfigure to your server, and then just update. Is a little bland of information.(not that that is what they say) but you get the picture. So anyone that knows a little something mind talking with me a bit, I would greatly appreciate a little brief tutoring in the matter. Just the basics, nothing that will get me a degree, but will make me not kill my server. Thanks. Also, is there a way to run a passworded Forum without a database?
    Thanks

Yes it is possible to run a passworded forum without a database BUT it would be really slow and alot of overhead. With Apache, you can achieve this. Secondly, the jargon you refer to is abit in depth but to successfully install MySQL in a Windows environment is quite simple. I could give you the steps but if you don't mind, email me your phone number and I'll call you, if in the US. Later, Jeremy
    Nothing better than a good ride.

sql

I sent you a pm Thanks for the help. and yes phone is easier. lol Thanks

I tried to call you but no answer. I'm in Colorado, MST, and I'll try later. If you are available at anytime and would like a quick response, email me at:

jwhitlock@starprecision.com

Thanks, Jeremy
    Nothing better than a good ride.