Arrow Unanswered: DB2 OLAP Server - Filters on Measure

Hello all,
    I am working on DB2 OLAP Server 7.1 and fixpack 7 is applied on it. I have created metaoutline having 2 measures and 2 dimensions. When I apply filter on a single measure, It is being applied for the entire cube not for the particular measure.

For eg, I am counting the number of population(literate + illiterate) - One measure, Number of literates (another measure). When I apply filter one the second, it is being applied for both. So I am getting same values for both the measures while looking at different perspectives.

How do I resolve this issue? How do I make the filter to apply only to a measure, not for the cube?

Please guide me.

Thanks,
    Thangam

Re: DB2 OLAP Server - Filters on Measure

Hi,

Applying filter on one meassure generates WHERE condition inside data load proces! So only the data witch satisfy condition are loaded into cube.

If you need to transform the data, do it inside the database environment. You can make view on tables and then add view to model.

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

Originally posted by thangam
    Hello all,
    I am working on DB2 OLAP Server 7.1 and fixpack 7 is applied on it. I have created metaoutline having 2 measures and 2 dimensions. When I apply filter on a single measure, It is being applied for the entire cube not for the particular measure.

For eg, I am counting the number of population(literate + illiterate) - One measure, Number of literates (another measure). When I apply filter one the second, it is being applied for both. So I am getting same values for both the measures while looking at different perspectives.

How do I resolve this issue? How do I make the filter to apply only to a measure, not for the cube?

Please guide me.

Thanks,
    Thangam

Thank you grofaty