Unanswered: Build Expression in VBA

Hi - using MS Access 2000, I notice I can no longer "build" an expression in a VBA window... I found this to be a very easy way to make reference to a form, reports, etc, in prior version of Access.. Was I the only one using this? Why did MS get rid of the feature in 2000? Or, rather, am I missing something??? Did I simply not install the feature? Is there another, easier way to accomplish what I've described (or do I just bite the bullet and type the whole [forms]![frmTest]!txtWhatever = ... etc. etc. myself)

Thanks in advance...

JBR

it works for me in A2K (and it still gets the ].[ bracketing wrong sometimes like it used to in A97)

- where are you trying to build and not finding a builder?

izy

Try this

Ensure

Tools > Options > Auto List Members

Is ticked?

Originally posted by izyrider
    it works for me in A2K (and it still gets the ].[ bracketing wrong sometimes like it used to in A97)

- where are you trying to build and not finding a builder?

izy

----
    Odd... I'm in the VBA code window. I can still "build" in a query design, just not from the code window. Must be a setting somewhere???

Thanks for the response,

JBR

Re: Try this

Originally posted by garethdart
    Ensure

Tools > Options > Auto List Members

Is ticked?

Yup - it's checked. Problem doesn't seem to be the "Auto List" - this is still occuring - but I can't "right click" and "Build".

Thanks for the response...

JBR

Re: Build Expression in VBA

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Jim Reynolds
    Hi - using MS Access 2000, I notice I can no longer "build" an expression in a VBA window... I found this to be a very easy way to make reference to a form, reports, etc, in prior version of Access.. Was I the only one using this? Why did MS get rid of the feature in 2000? Or, rather, am I missing something??? Did I simply not install the feature? Is there another, easier way to accomplish what I've described (or do I just bite the bullet and type the whole [forms]![frmTest]!txtWhatever = ... etc. etc. myself)

Thanks in advance...

I don't know how this happened, but the post above this one was NOT posted by me!!
    Michael

sorry - thought you were talking of the thing you get for queries & expressions etc.
    must learn to read!

truth is i didn't know there was such a code builder in a95 & a97, so i don't miss it in a2k.

i see a comment
    Unfortunatley Access 2000 does not include Code Builders and therefore...
    on http://www.colhill.demon.co.uk/index.htm

izy

Originally posted by izyrider
    sorry - thought you were talking of the thing you get for queries & expressions etc.
    must learn to read!

truth is i didn't know there was such a code builder in a95 & a97, so i don't miss it in a2k.

i see a comment
    Unfortunatley Access 2000 does not include Code Builders and therefore...
    on http://www.colhill.demon.co.uk/index.htm

izy
    ---
    Yes, it was a really handy feature in 97 (and earlier), so I'm not sure why MS would have removed it from 2000 (unless I was indeed the only one using it?)

Thanks to all for their responses...

JBR