Im very new to c++ and mysql. But i've done pretty much coding in java before... however i keep getting these wierd errors when im compiling in visual c++ 6.

c:\mysql\include\mysql_com.h(116) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'fd'
c:\mysql\include\mysql_com.h(116) : error C2501: 'SOCKET' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\mysql\include\mysql_com.h(116) : error C2501: 'fd' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\mysql\include\mysql_com.h(180) : error C2065: 'SOCKET' : undeclared identifier
c:\mysql\include\mysql_com.h(180) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 's'
c:\mysql\include\mysql_com.h(181) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'

It says that the error is not in MY code but in the files i've included (???) this seems wierd to me since i found some tutorial that i tried at that code worked fine. These errors only occur when i tried coding the tutorial myself, and when im compiling the examples that come with mysql++... this seem strange dont you think??

Obviously, or rahter hopefully, there is something im doing wrong, question is... what??

all help will be much appreciated

thanx

/Eric