Unanswered: Union Query...help!

I created a union query that merges three tables. A SUPERVISOR table, an AUDITOR table , and a CUSTOMERSERVICEREP table. The union query creates a total employee table. I 'pulled' the same fields from each of the three tables; <employee#>, <Firstname>, and <LastName>. The <employee#> field is set as a autonumber for each table and each has a different format. ex. SUP000001...AUD000001... and CSR00001. But the union query does not pull these formats, all I get is the basic number which causes duplicate numbers. Does any one know why this happens and how I can get the autonumbers to 'pull' correctly?

"The <employee#> field is set as a autonumber for each table and each has a different format. ex. SUP000001...AUD000001... and CSR00001"

how did you get it to do that? an autonumber field does not contain characters

you can try

select 'SUP'+employee, otherfields
    from supervisor
    union all
    select 'AUD'+employee, otherfields
    from auditor
    union all
    select 'CSR'+employee, otherfields
    from customerservicerep

don't forget to use UNION ALL instead of UNION

rudy
    http://r937.com/

Ohhhh!, right. Good idea. Sometimes its easy to overlook the easiest idea. THANKS!

I set the autonumber field FORMAT line in the table design to add the characters to each number. It works in the table. Everytime I add a new record to the tables it will add the appropriate prefix and 'step' the number. But maybe this explains why the union query wasn't working.

THANKS!!!