Red face Unanswered: Out Of Memory...

Ive got an access 2000 app running on Win98 updated with service packs etc.

The front-end sits on my pc - the back end on the server which includes

19 Access tables
    4 ODBC Linked tables
    18 Forms
    60-70 Queries
    17 reports
    No data access pages
    No macros
    45 Code modules
    and code behind most of the forms and reports

The front end is 5.3mb
    Back end about 10mb

The PC I am using has 320m ram / fairly low end 1300mz Processor

The app runs fine, although if I try to do further development I nearly always have to restart PC as when I try and enter a new code module, I am receiving "Out Of Memory" messages - There is very little else running on my PC.

Has anyone experienced this and if so any pointers as to a solution?

Only thing I can think of, there is a small automation routine that creates Lotus WordPro files - Im thinking maybe there is some sort of memory leak perhaps?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

GD

Red face User resources

Looks very much like a user resources issue (Dropping from 78% free to 16% and lower when opening access even after a reboot)

Thing is, it still does this even if I don't run any automation routines.

Surely Access itself isn't causing a memory leak???

Ive removed some of the modules not currently used by the app, but it's having little effect - Can anyone shed any light on this?

Hmmmm

Yes, whats happening is when entering the VBA interface, Access is opening windows for all the Modules and Code behind forms / reports - This is subsequently eating up all the user resources. (Closing these windows frees up the user resources)

Is there a setting somewhere that suppresses this "default?" behaviour so that when you enter the VBA interface, no code windows are opened until you request them - Ive had a "poke about" but can't see anything obvious?

Smile Conclusion

It's just the P*** poor memory management in 98 methinks - Only using it on this PC as some of our other machines are well - old and it gives me a feel of how the app is going to perform.

I'll try the same app on another O/S and post the results, although Im sure it will run fine on XP or 2000