Question Unanswered: Restore database

Hi all,

I am restoring a database from a backup and i am successful in doing that. But the problem is, in the restore window i have an option "first back up to restore", in that drop downlist i am getting a number of backups for a specific database. i want to delete some backups from the dropdown list. I tried physically deleting the backup files from the backup folder i.e, <drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\BACKUP, even after this i am able to see the name of these backups in the drop downlist of the restore window. Can any one tell me how can i remove the names of the backups from the dropdownlist. I am using SQL Server 2K.

Thanks in advance,
    sekhar

sekhar

In Enterprise Manager

Try going into - Management - Database Maintainence Plans - Right Click on your Backup Plan & go into properties

On the Complete Backup Tab you will see an option to remove files older than x Days

Configure this as required & let SQL server remove Old Backup Files

This should remove the old backup references

Good Luck

GW
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein
    "Everything should be made as complex as possible, so I look Cleverer." - Application Developer

Restore database

Hi willy,

Thanks for the response. If i take a backup, i am not able to see any entries in "Database Maintainence plans".

Originally posted by GWilliy
    sekhar

In Enterprise Manager

Try going into - Management - Database Maintainence Plans - Right Click on your Backup Plan & go into properties

On the Complete Backup Tab you will see an option to remove files older than x Days

Configure this as required & let SQL server remove Old Backup Files

This should remove the old backup references

Good Luck

GW
    Thanks,
    sekhar rao k

O - Sorry

You are doing Manual Dumps

OK

I'll have another Look

GW
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein
    "Everything should be made as complex as possible, so I look Cleverer." - Application Developer