Unanswered: CDO.DLL(error 429)

I've got a small project and everytime it runs on a client workstation, it comes uo with Runtime error 429 - Activex component cant create object. No matter what I do, I cant get it to work.

Private Sub Command1_Click()
    Dim objNewMail As CDONTS.NewMail

Set objNewMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
    objNewMail.Send "carl@test.co.za", "CRMTeam@test.co.za", "Test", "Calculation ", 0
    Set objNewMail = Nothing
    End

End Sub

I've done the regsvr32 thing and it hasn't helped.

PS - It happens on all machines except my development one.

Re: CDO.DLL(error 429)

CDONTS (sometimes called CDO rendering library) is NOT CDO !!!

it is Windows NT or 2000 SERVER component!! It is there for server admins and ASP email automation.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de..._libraries.asp

jiri

Originally posted by alkemac
    I've got a small project and everytime it runs on a client workstation, it comes uo with Runtime error 429 - Activex component cant create object. No matter what I do, I cant get it to work.

Private Sub Command1_Click()
    Dim objNewMail As CDONTS.NewMail

Set objNewMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
    objNewMail.Send "carl@test.co.za", "CRMTeam@test.co.za", "Test", "Calculation ", 0
    Set objNewMail = Nothing
    End

End Sub

I've done the regsvr32 thing and it hasn't helped.

PS - It happens on all machines except my development one.

Your reply actually helps me jack.....

I actually came here for some assistance, not to be spoken down to. If you are not able to help, DONT REPLY!

why didn't you follow the link, bimbo. It would show you the real CDO library and how to use it!! You asked why it does not work, I answered....it is not a component for station, but for WinNT server only!

Bimbo - Well now, I guess right now you're thinking that you're speaking to your mother. I'm not your mother. Could it be because you dont know the answer and you think you reside on a pedestal above everybody else ? I think not...

In a gesture of goodwill, the answer is quite simple to this problem. IIS needs to be enabled in Start-Settings-Control Panel-Add Windows Options.(and it works with the dll's I've added...)

person, who has to use IIS on station because of sending email using API is a BIMBO, so you are a BIMBO! Every single machine with this API will be a web server.... very smart boy.

there are at least FIVE better methods. BTW CDONTS is not the best API out there.... but bimbo like you, who complains about the answers wouldn't get it anyway.
    Last edited by playernovis; 04-04-03 at 13:16.

Tell you what dilbert.... Why dont you volunteer to go to Iraq.. That way you'll be raising the iq of both places...