Angry Unanswered: Access moving and overwriting data in another record

I have some clients who say that after entering data into their database, they will go back to view the data entered and most of the time it's ok, but frequently it's either not there, or part of what was entered has moved to another record. When I say moved to another record, I mean that data entered into one
    field for record "A" is now in the same field but now in record "B"
    and the record "B" data is gone. Most of the time when this occurs it occurs with the first record in the recordset being overwritten with data from another record. However, this is not always the case. We have had isolated incidents where it may not be the first record in the recordset.

It is an Access 97 database running a front-end/back-end setup with the back-end on a server and each client having their own copy of the front-end.

If anyone has experienced this type of problem or has resolved a problem such as this please reply. It is driving me crazy! i can't figure it out.

Thank You
    Rita

I'm not sure if this will help, but I've seen similar problems in the past. What the users were doing is using the TAB key too liberally and tabbing through to the next record within a form (When you're on the last field within the tab order & hit the tab key it goes to the next record within the recordset of your form) The way to fix this (if that is what's going on) is to change the "Cycle" propery of your form (found under the "Other" tab of the form properties) from "All Records" to "Current Record". This will make the form go back to the first field in your tab order within the same record instead of moving to the next record in the recordset.

hope this helps...