Unanswered: version 8 upgrade problem with db2ckmig

When trying to migrate from 7.2 to 8.1 on a solaris server, I get the following error when I run db2ckmig or the db2imigr command runs db2ckmig:

Error Accessing Database Configuration File.

I can do both db2 get db cfg for dbasename and db2 get dbm cfg just fine, so not sure why access to the cfg would be a problem.

It is a test box, so I have tried dropping and restoring db but that did not impact it.

Documentation only mentions other possible errors you can get in db2ckmig, haven't found any mention of this error.

Nothing shows up in db2diag.log

?

Re: version 8 upgrade problem with db2ckmig

I encountered the same problem and it turned out that I was trying to run the command against a remotely catalogued database. I guess the command was meant to be run on local databases only.

Originally posted by akratz
    When trying to migrate from 7.2 to 8.1 on a solaris server, I get the following error when I run db2ckmig or the db2imigr command runs db2ckmig:

Error Accessing Database Configuration File.

I can do both db2 get db cfg for dbasename and db2 get dbm cfg just fine, so not sure why access to the cfg would be a problem.

It is a test box, so I have tried dropping and restoring db but that did not impact it.

Documentation only mentions other possible errors you can get in db2ckmig, haven't found any mention of this error.

Nothing shows up in db2diag.log

?