There don't seem to be a lot of net based resources available for Notification Services so I though I'd ask here in hopes of getting an answer from another SQL developer who has NS experience.

My question is fairly simple, the Notification Services (NS) documentation indicates that the system is capable of dynamically choosing which user device to deliver a notification to depending on the conditions of the notification. The exact text from the documentation is...

"Alternatively, you might decide not to include the subscriber's device name in the subscription because you always select the device name dynamically when you generate the notification. For example, your application might select the device based on time of day. During business hours you could send all notifications to a subscriber's business e-mail account; during off-hours you might send critical notifications to the subscriber's phone and all other notifications to the subscriber's home e-mail account."

This is fine and dandy, but I can not for the life of me find any examples, or documentiation indicating how to do this. As a work around I would be able to create multiple subscriptions for every device, but too me that just adds up to a lot of redundant data in the system that could be avoided.

Big thank you to anyone who may be able to shed some light on this.