Unanswered: Merging two tables to make one form

I had made two tables linked with each other with the help of primary and foreign key.
    When I combine the fields of both tables to make a form and try to enter values then the system doesnot allow me to enter value in that field who acts as the joining field in two tables.
    The system errors that it does not find any matching value in the other table.

Re: Merging two tables to make one form

From wich table did you get the join filed from parent or from child. I'm assuming that you've chose the filed from the table where it is the primary key, dont't you?

You have to choose the "joining" field from the child table(foreign key).

IONUT

Want more help

I had tried by choosing both primary key Field as well as foreign key field.
    Actually my table is of Client Info and second table is of flight Info.
    NIC# is the primary key in the Client Info table and it is acting as foreign key in Flight Info Table.

When while making the form If I choose the NIC# from parent table in which it is acting as primary key the system does not allow me to enter values in the fields of child table and prompts an error that"Cannot add record(s);join key of table not in record set" .

When I choose NIC# number form the table in which NIC# is acting as foreign key the system errors that "The current field must match the join key."

Red face

Hi,

I assuming that when you mention link that you created a relationship between those two tables. And that you created a Qry adding the 2 tbls, which the form record source is link to the Qry.

Join Key problems

Did you find the problem? I am having a similiar problem.

I have a form with a subform. It was working fine until I had to change the primary key in the query for the subform to a complex primary key (two fields).

Now when I try to enter new information into the subform (adding a new record in subform) I get the following error:

"Can't add record(s); join key of table 'BSC Assignment' not in recordset"

I have looked at the underlying query for the subform and can't figure out what is wrong. Can someone give me a idea of where to look now?