Unanswered: Replication - Apply

1) How do the transactions get applied at the target ... for example, when there are two transactions at the source server and the transaction 1 updated tables t1 and t2, transaction 2 updates t3 and t4 ... And all these tables belong to the same replication subscription ... Assume, for some reason t3 is locked, will transaction 1 be applied and committed on the target and transaction 2 fail at the target as one of the tables is locked ?

2) What is the continuous timing in Apply config ? Even if I say continuous, the changes do not get appled immediately ... The apply trace shows it sleeps for 300 seconds

Thanks in Advance for your comments ....

Soundh

Re: Replication - Apply

Don't konw the right answer for first one BUT to your second query; this replication program is by no means a real time replication. There is a lag time. I have personally tried for 60 seconds. I assume you can even go lower than that.

dollar

Originally posted by soundharya_s
    1) How do the transactions get applied at the target ... for example, when there are two transactions at the source server and the transaction 1 updated tables t1 and t2, transaction 2 updates t3 and t4 ... And all these tables belong to the same replication subscription ... Assume, for some reason t3 is locked, will transaction 1 be applied and committed on the target and transaction 2 fail at the target as one of the tables is locked ?

2) What is the continuous timing in Apply config ? Even if I say continuous, the changes do not get appled immediately ... The apply trace shows it sleeps for 300 seconds

Thanks in Advance for your comments ....

Soundh