Unanswered: Exporting a report to Excel

Hey Folks,

Does anyone know how to keep the totals of a report when you export it to an excel spreadsheet? The grouping is exported fine but it leaves out the totals (the sum of a column).

SD

Hi there -

Think you might need to put the sums in the footer (ie. either group-footer or page-footer)...

C

Originally posted by CCC
    Hi there -

Think you might need to put the sums in the footer (ie. either group-footer or page-footer)...

C
    The sums are in the footer. Is there something with Access that it doesn't export the footers?

Not as far as I know, I've exported sums before - they don't necessarily export in correctly aligned columns (ie. the sum cells have been pushed over one column because the name of the sum field has also been exported) but all values on the report should end up in excel...how are you exporting the report? Ie. are you opening the report and the doing a 'SaveAs/Export' command ?

C

Originally posted by CCC
    Not as far as I know, I've exported sums before - they don't necessarily export in correctly aligned columns (ie. the sum cells have been pushed over one column because the name of the sum field has also been exported) but all values on the report should end up in excel...how are you exporting the report? Ie. are you opening the report and the doing a 'SaveAs/Export' command ?

C

Sorry for the slow reply/ (Day off yesterday)

That is how I am doing it. Is there another way I should be exporting?

SD

No, I was just wondering whether you were exporting the underlying query rather than the report...

Ah, wait a minute - I realise I said in my earlier post that your sum should be in a group footer or page footer...it needs to be either in a group footer or the Report footer (the Page footer does not get exported) - does this fix it?

Originally posted by CCC
    No, I was just wondering whether you were exporting the underlying query rather than the report...

Ah, wait a minute - I realise I said in my earlier post that your sum should be in a group footer or page footer...it needs to be either in a group footer or the Report footer (the Page footer does not get exported) - does this fix it?
    Ya they are in the group footer's. I found out that Access won't export most functions but it will export sum. I don't get it.

Aha! New discovery - I have been doing the export in Access 97 and the export/Save As function, when done in Access 97, works just fine for sums...
    BUT when I tried to do the export in an Access 2000 environment the same sums are not being exported....

It has something to do with the reports being exported with 'Outline Levels' into Excel...

Exporting into Word seems to work with the sums...

so far, still no idea why the export works in 97 and not in 2000...

C