Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dordrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    95

    Red face Unanswered: VB6/ADO problem with Update Criteria

    In my application I'm using ADO recordsets with a client-side cursor.

    I have set rs.Properties("Update Criteria")=adCriteriaKey, but still I'm getting error messages from the datagrid that the row cannot be found anymore after updating, which contradicts the use of the primary key only for checking on update integrity.

    The table that is updated, has a trigger that modifies several fields and this causes the problems, but I cannot do without the triggers. After requerying the recordset I see that the data has changed as I wanted!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dordrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    95

    Smile Re: VB6/ADO problem with Update Criteria

    In the meantime I found the solution: in my trigger there were two subsequent UPDATE statements, each on a mutually exclusive subset of the rows. Combining these two UPDATEs into one did the trick.

    Now I start wondering why this makes a difference...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •