Unanswered: Msdatgrid.ocx, Msadodc.ocx

I HAVE WRITTEN A PROGRAM IN VISUAL BASIC USING DATA GRID AND ADO DC WHICH ACCESSES THE SQL SERVER. THE PROGRAM WORKS FINE IN MY COMPUTER AND ANY OTHER COMPUTER WITH VISUAL STUDIO INSTALLED. HOWEVER WHEN I INSTALL IT IN ANOTHER COMPUTER WITHOUT VISUAL STUDIO BY USING THE SETUP PROGRAM CREATED BY THE DEPLOYMENT WIZARD, SOME HOW IT CAN NOT DISPLAY THE DATA IN THE DATA GRID.

I HAVE CHECKED THAT THE NECESSARY FILES SUCH AS MSDATGRD.OCX AND MSADODC.OCX ARE CORRECTLY INSTALLED AND REGISTERED. BUT IT STILL CAN NOT DISPLAY THE DATA IN THE DATA GRID. I KNOW IF I INSTALL THE VISUAL BASIC IN THIS COMPUTER IT WILL WORK. BUT I WANT TO KNOW THE SPECIFIC FILES WHICH IS MISSING OR THE REGISTRY ENTRIES THAT ARE REQUIRED TO MAKE THE DATA DISPLAY IN THE DATA GRID.

I HAVE TO DISTRIBUTE THIS PROGRAMME TO SEVERAL PC CLIENTS HENCE IT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO INSTALL THE VISUAL BASIC IN EACH OF THEM JUST TO RUN MY PROGRAM. I MUST BE MISSING SOME NECESSARY FILES WHEN I CREATE THE SETUP FILE USING THE DEPLOYMENT WIZARD.

PLEASE HELP BEFORE I JUMP INTO THE WELL.
    Last edited by EVEREST; 04-09-03 at 05:08.

Re: Msdatgrid.ocx, Msadodc.ocx

Install MDAC.
    You can download mdac_typ.exe from Microsoft's site

Originally posted by EVEREST
    I HAVE WRITTEN A PROGRAM IN VISUAL BASIC USING DATA GRID AND ADO DC WHICH ACCESSES THE SQL SERVER. THE PROGRAM WORKS FINE IN MY COMPUTER AND ANY OTHER COMPUTER WITH VISUAL STUDIO INSTALLED. HOWEVER WHEN I INSTALL IT IN ANOTHER COMPUTER WITHOUT VISUAL STUDIO BY USING THE SETUP PROGRAM CREATED BY THE DEPLOYMENT WIZARD, SOME HOW IT CAN NOT DISPLAY THE DATA IN THE DATA GRID.

I HAVE CHECKED THAT THE NECESSARY FILES SUCH AS MSDATGRD.OCX AND MSADODC.OCX ARE CORRECTLY INSTALLED AND REGISTERED. BUT IT STILL CAN NOT DISPLAY THE DATA IN THE DATA GRID. I KNOW IF I INSTALL THE VISUAL BASIC IN THIS COMPUTER IT WILL WORK. BUT I WANT TO KNOW THE SPECIFIC FILES WHICH IS MISSING OR THE REGISTRY ENTRIES THAT ARE REQUIRED TO MAKE THE DATA DISPLAY IN THE DATA GRID.

I HAVE TO DISTRIBUTE THIS PROGRAMME TO SEVERAL PC CLIENTS HENCE IT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO INSTALL THE VISUAL BASIC IN EACH OF THEM JUST TO RUN MY PROGRAM. I MUST BE MISSING SOME NECESSARY FILES WHEN I CREATE THE SETUP FILE USING THE DEPLOYMENT WIZARD.

PLEASE HELP BEFORE I JUMP INTO THE WELL.
    Steve