Unhappy Unanswered: Print report crashes my PC

Hi,

Whenever I try to print a report it crashes access. Im running windows XP professional and office XP professional. If I look at the printer job list the job is listed as spooling. Task manager shows access is not responding

The reports print fine from a windows 98 machine using exactly the same access front end.

Has anyone ever seen this. Its soooooo annoying I have to reboot the machine as task manager cant even close the not responding programs.

Thanks

Nicky

Re: Print report crashes my PC

Originally posted by nicky w
    Hi,

Whenever I try to print a report it crashes access. Im running windows XP professional and office XP professional. If I look at the printer job list the job is listed as spooling. Task manager shows access is not responding

The reports print fine from a windows 98 machine using exactly the same access front end.

Has anyone ever seen this. Its soooooo annoying I have to reboot the machine as task manager cant even close the not responding programs.

Thanks

Nicky
    In that no one has responded to this let me give it a shot. Ignore things you have already done.

1) Download any driver updates from Microsoft for your printer.
    2) Check the manufacture of the printer for additional driver corrections, that have not made it to Microsoft.

If the report worked before on your current setup and now doesn't:

3) Run ToolsataBase Utilities:Compact and Repair Datatbase...
    4) If you made any changes to the report or the attached tables, review them for errors. Not all errors register a compile error.
    5) Make a copy of the report and begin deleting any complicated formuli, etc.

If this is the only report that doesn't work:

6) I have had crashes while developing forms and reports that never recovered. The only resolution was to delete the form/report, do (3), close MSAccess, reopen, and rewrite the object from scratch. Sometimes you can cut and paste it in pieces.

hope this does it!

Re: Print report crashes my PC

Bizarre:!!!

I just copied an dpasted the contents of the report to a new report and it now works fine.

Thanks for you help