Unanswered: SQL22205c with db2cc on linux

I installed DB2 V8 on linux SuSE V8.0. The GUI of db2cc is starting without problems, but when I try any admin-action, like backup datbase, create datebase, create tables ...., I always get an SQL22205C.
    I can do the commands successfully from the db2-commandline.
    The GUI works correctly with the SQL-assistent (select, insert, .....)
    any idea, what may be wrong or missing ?
    Renate

Re: SQL22205c with db2cc on linux

Hi Renate,

if you are familiar with the command line tools, stick to them. The DB2 GUI tools aren't even reliable under windows.

IBM considers the GUI as a selling point, so unfortunately it is more often than not just for looks.

Johann

Provided Answers: 5
    Renate,
    I looked up the error message and it states that you need to look in the Administration Server's First Failure Data Capture Log for further information.

I have been using DB2 V 7.2 on RH Linux for quite awhile and have not had problems using the GUI tools from the server or remotely on Windows.

HTH

Andy

Talking

I deinstalled DB2 and reinstalled it, but this time using the db2_install utility, instead of db2setup, which I used the first tiime, I performed the post-instalion steps as described in the redbook SG24-6899-00. An now I am successfull with the create...., backup ... tasks from the db2cc.
    Renate