Unanswered: openrowset parameters

Trying to connect to a legacy (Paradox4.5) database in TSQL using OPENROWSET but can't find a useful description of the parameters required.

I am successfully importing the data via DTS using DSN-less connection 'Paradox 4.X' so I figure whatever is required is installed ok. But want to get away from DTS and into stored procedure.

Any and all help appreciated!

Maybe you can try to create the DTS into a visual basic code (there is one option in the DTS wizard), and then look into the vb code. The VB code will have all connection properties set.

Thanks for that !

It works from SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager. I hadn't noticed it before on the server console as server is 7.

DTS uses many 'ConenctionProperties' including extended properties matching the 'Data Source' as listed in DTS. These connectionproperties are only listed in BOL under DTS Programming.

The DTS VBscript shows DTS uses 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' which sql2000 BOL says is only for Access. BOL also sugegsts that for 'other' sources you must use ODBC (with DSN). Then in another place (under OLD DB Provider for ODBC for linked servers) it says you can use any driver directly without a DSN if you provide all required info in a 'Provider String'.

I'll experiment building a 'Provider String' and report how I go.

Regards