Thread: Event Logs

Unanswered: Event Logs

Hai friends,

On windows we can find the db2diag.log at C:/ProgrameFile/SQLLIB/DB2/db2diag.log

But in unix platform where to find this file.

THanks

micky

Re: Event Logs

By default, sqllib/db2dump under the instance owner's home directory

or check the dbm cfg DIAGPATH

Just to add, I will call log file, diagonostic log ...

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by mickykt
    Hai friends,

On windows we can find the db2diag.log at C:/ProgrameFile/SQLLIB/DB2/db2diag.log

But in unix platform where to find this file.

THanks

micky

Hai sir,

I would also like to ask you a few doubts.If i am asked about the size of the database ,isn't it the size of the datafiles ,log file that I should sum up,or is it the total size of the configuration parameters altogether.

I would also like to ask ,is it possible to kill an application if it is inactive for more than a defined time.
    When i take the applications in the Control center i find that a few applications remain inactive for more than an 20 min.Its timestamp also does not change.Is it possible to set in the database level to kill those applications that are inactive for more than a reset time.

Thank you very much for your quick responce.

micky

>I would also like to ask you a few doubts.If i am asked about the size >of the database ,isn't it the size of the datafiles ,log file that I should >sum up,or is it the total size of the configuration parameters altogether.

IMHO, it depends ....

For your other question on killing the idle appls, this is possible ... Have a look at the DB2 Governor in Admin Guide ...

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by mickykt
    Hai sir,

I would also like to ask you a few doubts.If i am asked about the size of the database ,isn't it the size of the datafiles ,log file that I should sum up,or is it the total size of the configuration parameters altogether.

I would also like to ask ,is it possible to kill an application if it is inactive for more than a defined time.
    When i take the applications in the Control center i find that a few applications remain inactive for more than an 20 min.Its timestamp also does not change.Is it possible to set in the database level to kill those applications that are inactive for more than a reset time.

Thank you very much for your quick responce.

micky

Thanks a lot for the information

micky