Unanswered: trouble with transferdatabase function

I am having the hardest time with the tranderdatabase function and I was wondering if anyone has had any success with it. my code as follows

DoCmd.SetWarnings True
    DoCmd.TransferDatabase acExport, "Microsoft Access", "C:\PC_Reporter\PC_Reporter.mdb", acQuery, "Local_Data", "C:\PC_Reporter\JOCOutPut.mdb"

I get No errors yet the query is not in its intended location.
    Any help would be great
    Jim

You probably mean this.
    DoCmd.TransferDatabase acExport, "Microsoft Access", "C:\PC_Reporter\JOCOutPut.mdb", acQuery, "Local_Data", "Local_Data"

This will transer the query "Local_Data" from the local database to C:\PC_Reporter\JOCOutPut.mdb.

Local database is assumed for export. So the database name is the destination database in this case. And the destination is the name of the object in the destination database vs. the database name.

Databasename: A string expression that's the full name, including the path, of the database you want to use to import, export, or link data.

Destination: A string expression that's the name of the imported, exported, or linked object in the destination database.

Matt

Originally posted by Rockey
    You probably mean this.
    DoCmd.TransferDatabase acExport, "Microsoft Access", "C:\PC_Reporter\JOCOutPut.mdb", acQuery, "Local_Data", "Local_Data"

This will transer the query "Local_Data" from the local database to C:\PC_Reporter\JOCOutPut.mdb.

Local database is assumed for export. So the database name is the destination database in this case. And the destination is the name of the object in the destination database vs. the database name.

Databasename: A string expression that's the full name, including the path, of the database you want to use to import, export, or link data.

Destination: A string expression that's the name of the imported, exported, or linked object in the destination database.

Matt

You are right and the thing is when i got notification that u had posted not 5 mins before i found sample code on microsofts site that said the same thing. I was like What the Hell!! i have been beating my head for 3 days now just to find out that the definition that i was looking at was so conviluted that i didnt understand it at first. i aprectiate your help with this and thank you for your time
    Jim

No problem...
    Thats nothing - I spent two years trying to learn this stuff on my own before I used a message board. If I only new then what I know now. I remember wasting days with 5 books scattered all over trying to solve what is now answered in a few min on this board or by Google.

Matt

Originally posted by Rockey
    No problem...
    Thats nothing - I spent two years trying to learn this stuff on my own before I used a message board. If I only new then what I know now. I remember wasting days with 5 books scattered all over trying to solve what is now answered in a few min on this board or by Google.

Matt
    AMEN TO THAT!!!!! THANK GOD FOR CONNECTIVITY!!!
    hehehe I have been where u were too, and I would still be there but for my fumbaling onto this site. Thanx Again
    Jim