Thread: time slice -501

Question Unanswered: time slice -501

Hi Folks,
    I have been getting a stack trace with time slice -501 constantly atleast once a day. The trouble shooting guide says that it is an internal problem. What is the remedy for this??? Should I increasse the cpu grace time for the time being??? I found notes on the web for time slice -201 but couldnot get any thing for timeslice -501 which I thought would be the same (the only difference being the time captured by the timeout process)

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: time slice -501

Mattr suggests contacting Sybase about it.

http://dbforums.com/t742292.html

I'd take his $0.02.

Originally posted by richardcrossley
    Mattr suggests contacting Sybase about it.

http://dbforums.com/t742292.html

I'd take his $0.02.
    Sybase does not support 11.9.2 anymore so i am on my own. Hope there there is a silver lining somewhere in the newsgroups.

Regards

dba_sybase2003

Hiya

Your comment "Sybase does not support 11.9.2 anymore so i am on my own" is not quite correct.

Yes, there is no engineering support available however there is nothing stopping you from contacting Sybase and have them look at the stack and check if any caveats are avilable to workaround this problem.

Cheers
    Willy

Hey Willy,
    I have already done that and they have asked me to increase the cpu grace time but also said that it is a temporary fix.

Originally posted by willy_and_the_ci
    Hiya

Your comment "Sybase does not support 11.9.2 anymore so i am on my own" is not quite correct.

Yes, there is no engineering support available however there is nothing stopping you from contacting Sybase and have them look at the stack and check if any caveats are avilable to workaround this problem.

Cheers
    Willy

Originally posted by dba_sybase2003
    Hi Folks,
    I have been getting a stack trace with time slice -501 constantly atleast once a day. The trouble shooting guide says that it is an internal problem. What is the remedy for this??? Should I increasse the cpu grace time for the time being??? I found notes on the web for time slice -201 but couldnot get any thing for timeslice -501 which I thought would be the same (the only difference being the time captured by the timeout process)

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hi dba_sybase2003
    Timeslice are usually bug or something worng in your user database.Once i met an error in syslogs,and after reboot ASE,that error occur,after rebuild log,everything is ok.My suggestion is check your errorlog ,if there have any problem of your user database,sovle it first,if your could not find anything increase 'cpu grace time' and apply the new EBF.
    Bless you!