Thread: import/export

Unhappy Unanswered: import/export

I am importing a table where one of the varchar column has cr/lf in it.
    the import seem to not recongnize it is part of the column and treat the next line as new record. I am using del file with default delimiter.
    need help quick

Hi Henry

In your case, the cr/lf in the middle of your varchar is being misinterpretted as a row delimiter when it actually is part of character data. The reason this is happening is that the default load and import behaviour when processing the DEL file delimiters is the following order of precedance: row,character,column (for performance reasons).

Assuming you used export to produce the data file, the varchar data should be surrounded by character delimiters. You want to tell load and import to use the following precedance: character, row, column.

Alter your import/load statement with the DELPRIORITYCHAR file type modifier.

For Example:

db2 import from data.del of del modified by DELPRIORITYCHAR insert into <tablenane>

Thanks,
    I have try that and it works

Originally posted by Adil_Sardar
    Hi Henry

In your case, the cr/lf in the middle of your varchar is being misinterpretted as a row delimiter when it actually is part of character data. The reason this is happening is that the default load and import behaviour when processing the DEL file delimiters is the following order of precedance: row,character,column (for performance reasons).

Assuming you used export to produce the data file, the varchar data should be surrounded by character delimiters. You want to tell load and import to use the following precedance: character, row, column.

Alter your import/load statement with the DELPRIORITYCHAR file type modifier.

For Example:

db2 import from data.del of del modified by DELPRIORITYCHAR insert into <tablenane>