SQL Server/Oracle DBA
Temp to Perm/Pittsburgh Pa
60-70K + benefits (based on experience)
A client of A.C.Coy is looking for a solid DBA with 3-5 years of both Oracle and Sql Server experience.
· Strong communication skills (verbal, written or interpersonal)
· Good problem solver
· Strong listener
· Ability to work on a team or on their own
· Strong time management skills
· Coping (handling stress), long days on project
· Ability to make decisions
· Sets and delivers on project goals
· Commitment to task at hand
· Versatility/flexibility with peers
· Able to self direct with minimal guidance
· Strong sense of organization and planning
Administrative and Functional Technical Skills
Daily monitoring and maintenance of enterprise wide database servers.
Test and apply Oracle and MS Server SQL security fixes and maintenance releases.
Monitor, manage and maintain backup and recovery schedules for enterprise wide database servers.
Maintain security schemes at the operating system, database server, instance and database level for enterprise wide database servers.
Monitor database performance working with the infrastructure teams, internal development teams and vendors to remove performance bottlenecks and improve performance.
Enforce database policies and procedures
Provide database administrative support for internal development and vendor development teams.
Provide database administration support for data conversions.
Install database applications, working with vendor representatives.
Participate in planning and troubleshooting version upgrades of database applications
Provide support for interface to EMC storage and EDM tape backup units.
Work with the disaster recovery team to plan, support and test recovery plans for various level applications.
Ensure compliance of vendor software with vendor licensing agreement
Makes recommendations with respect to hardware (servers, storage area networks) and software (vendor applications and database licenses).
Complex nested triggers
· Complex referential integrity
· Automated tracing
· Interfaces with numerous applications
· Log shipping recovery model
· Performance monitoring using execution plans, profiler and performance monitor
· Intensive scripting, primarily from system tables to support development and testing teams
· DBA will be required to work closely with the vendor, data mapping and testing teams to support the development, modification, testing and go-live of the System.
Please respond with “SQL/Oracle DBA” in the subject