Red face Unanswered: Oracle 7.3.2 import problem

I have Oracle 7.3 personal edition running on one Windows ME computer and another computer running Oracle 7.3.3 server on Windows 2000 m/c. I have all common tables in both the systems with the same user name and password with all references etc....
    Now my problem is i am unable to import data from the windows2000 m/c to windows ME m/c using Import option from command prompt. The error i get is:

Imp-00015: the following statement failed because the object already exists.

We had data entered into these tables in two separate m/cs and now would like to merge the data for analysis and report generation. We could have done the data entry using database on one table and Forms accessing from two systems but could not do the same that time.

Any solution for this would be appreciated.

Re: Oracle 7.3.2 import problem

Originally posted by grajesh
    I have Oracle 7.3 personal edition running on one Windows ME computer and another computer running Oracle 7.3.3 server on Windows 2000 m/c. I have all common tables in both the systems with the same user name and password with all references etc....
    Now my problem is i am unable to import data from the windows2000 m/c to windows ME m/c using Import option from command prompt. The error i get is:

Imp-00015: the following statement failed because the object already exists.

We had data entered into these tables in two separate m/cs and now would like to merge the data for analysis and report generation. We could have done the data entry using database on one table and Forms accessing from two systems but could not do the same that time.

Any solution for this would be appreciated.

Hi,

While doing your import add IGNORE=Y into your import statement.

Hope it Helps.
    nn

Hi NoviceNo1,

If i say Ignore create error to "yes" then there is no error in few tables but the data is not imported. In one table the error thrown is:

Imp-00017:following statement failed with oracle error 2261:
    Ora 02261: such unique or primary key exists in the table

and in other tables the data is not getting merged...
    Any idea how to merge data in Oracle 7.3 Enterprise edition and Oracle 7 personal edition???

Thumbs up

To merge data from two tables, you can create a db link and create custom remote inserts depending on your logic. A simple one could be to create a PL/SQL cursor with this query:

CURSOR tbl_delta
    IS
    SELECT * FROM remote_table MINUS SELECT * from local_table;

Then use the cursor to insert the records in the local_table. In 9i there is a MERGE command which makes the life much, much easier.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa - OCP - DBA

Imp-00017:following statement failed with oracle error 2261:
    Ora 02261: such unique or primary key exists in the table

=================================

Hi friend,

...take the constraints out and then try (Or disable them)...

I guess this should help you out.

Thanks,

Hings...

===============
    Still Learning

Hings,

Thanks for ur suggestion. I could import the tables with some constraint problems but it is working fine at present.....I just tried with different options in the imp option from command prompt and the data was successfully imported. I did not remove any constraint manually but the import command removed them and imported the tables.
    '