Red face Unanswered: Please help for db2 installation

Hi friends,

After I successfully installed DB2 7.2 on WindowsXP, I tried to run usejdbc2.bat, which is in C:\Program Files\SQLLIB\java12\usejdbc2.bat; it'll generate an error file saying "usejdbc2.bat Error copying db2java.zip to sqllib\java. I did install it to Windows2000, and WindowsXP, it worked ok, but I tried a lot of times on this PC, it won't work at all. Does anyone know why this happened? Is that because OS is WindowsXP? Does DB2 7.2 support XP?

Thanks a lot!

Re: Please help for db2 installation

I think, you should look at the batch-file. It just copies some files and has nothing to do with db2 itself.
    Try to figure out, why the copy (an OS-Copy is used) does not work. Perhaps the security settings for those files are incorrect.

Ingo

Originally posted by xinxin
    Hi friends,

After I successfully installed DB2 7.2 on WindowsXP, I tried to run usejdbc2.bat, which is in C:\Program Files\SQLLIB\java12\usejdbc2.bat; it'll generate an error file saying "usejdbc2.bat Error copying db2java.zip to sqllib\java. I did install it to Windows2000, and WindowsXP, it worked ok, but I tried a lot of times on this PC, it won't work at all. Does anyone know why this happened? Is that because OS is WindowsXP? Does DB2 7.2 support XP?

Thanks a lot!