Unanswered: Converting From 2000 to 97- HELP

I am currently trying to convert a access database in 2000 to 97. The tables and queries and reports seem to convert fine however the form does not. Now I understand that the activex controls do not convert correctly and I have found some information pertaining to that. My biggest problem is that the Tab controls I have doesn't seem to convert correctly and when I open 97 it will not open the form. I get an error saying that it "contains data microsoft access doesn't recognize" and so on. Wasn't 97 the first issue of the tab controls in the form and is there something I can do to convert this. I have tried copying and pasting and renameing the form, compacting and repairing but when I do this is gives me the same error messsage. I would really appreciate anyone's advice on how to solve this. I really need to be able to convert this form. Thanks for your help

Re: Converting From 2000 to 97- HELP

Originally posted by Jbeek24
    I am currently trying to convert a access database in 2000 to 97. The tables and queries and reports seem to convert fine however the form does not. Now I understand that the activex controls do not convert correctly and I have found some information pertaining to that. My biggest problem is that the Tab controls I have doesn't seem to convert correctly and when I open 97 it will not open the form. I get an error saying that it "contains data microsoft access doesn't recognize" and so on. Wasn't 97 the first issue of the tab controls in the form and is there something I can do to convert this. I have tried copying and pasting and renameing the form, compacting and repairing but when I do this is gives me the same error messsage. I would really appreciate anyone's advice on how to solve this. I really need to be able to convert this form. Thanks for your help
    the bigist problem that i had was that the text boxes were to long to convert. i had had to many characters in them ie i had a few formulas in my text boxes on the forms. give that a look into
    Jim