Unanswered: Db2javit : Rc = 11

Hi all,

I am using DB2 V8.1. When I run "db2cc", it returns:

DB2JAVIT : RC = 11

The path is set for IBM JDK1.3.1.
    And dbm cfg jdk_path is also the JDK1.3.1.

My OS is redhat 9.

Anybody met such problem? Thanks a lot!

Frank

I am having the same problem. I installed DB2 8.1 on RedHat 9. When I run db2cc I get the following:

Db2javit : Rc = 11

I seem to recall the summary of the DB2 isntallation saying that Java was not installed. I have since installed it manually by downloading the latest java software from Sun's website, but that did not solve it.

Was there an answer found to this error message? I'll try reinstalling and keep you posted.

Thank you for your patience with a linux-newbie,

Otto-Matthias

Try restarting the machine, if you haven't done that.

dollar

Originally posted by otto-matthias
    I am having the same problem. I installed DB2 8.1 on RedHat 9. When I run db2cc I get the following:

I seem to recall the summary of the DB2 isntallation saying that Java was not installed. I have since installed it manually by downloading the latest java software from Sun's website, but that did not solve it.

Was there an answer found to this error message? I'll try reinstalling and keep you posted.

Thank you for your patience with a linux-newbie,

Otto-Matthias

I have rebooted the computer as well as restarting the database manager but continue to get the same error message.

I have installed another isntance of DB2 to read the installation summary. It said that the database tools were installed unsuccessfully. Is the control center one of these tools?

Otto

Could this be because of RH9 ?

Cheers

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

A search string 'RH9' in this forum shows at one other had the same problem with this veriosn of redhat

For detailed information, refer marcus' post in

http://dbforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=789822

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

db2 v8.1 is not officially supported by IBM on RH9 - try RH8 or RHEL 2 or 3.

db2cc on V8.1 does not work with the 131 jvm - install the 141 jvm and update the jdk_path in the dbm cfg and retry.

db2cc works successfully with IBM jdk141 on RHEL 3.